We will be hosting two in person worship services on Sunday morning, June 21nd, 2020 at 9am and at 11am.
An online edition will be available as soon as it can be recorded and uploaded with a Zoom meeting being made available for anyone who wishes to interact that way if they are unable to attend a service. Alternatively, you can access the service in real time via your phone by calling in to the regular church service number. Based on this Sunday’s attendance and service flow, we may adjust the process and protocols moving forward.
- Please park your vehicle and then exit and move to the building as a household or social bublble. Kindly refrain from dropping off your family members at the church entrance while you park.
- Enter through the gym doors (which will be propped open), being mindful to respectfully social distance (6 feet between groups) as you queue up to enter the building. Please Follow the floor markings. There will be people outside providing direction or answering questions that you may have. These people will also be recording your attendance and monitoring head count to ensure that we are not over permitted building capacity.
- The ushers will move your group into a seating area. Please be certain to follow the direction of your usher, as we are working with limited seating options when operating at 30 percent of building capacity.
- Seating will be by household or by social bubble (group of 10 per Ontario's guidelines), with seat groupings being a minimum of 6 feet apart. Social interactions inside the building and outside in the parking lot should be kept to a minimum- as much as it pains us to say that. Please refrain from shaking hands or hugging those whom you have not seen for some time.
- The sanctuary, foyer, library, nursery and Sunday school rooms will remain closed and locked. The drinking fountains will not be available.
- There will be no Sunday school.
- There will be no offering collected – kindly continue to give using the existing three giving options, online, etransfer, or cheque mailing.
- Restrooms will be available if needed with regular cleaning provided by an attendant. Children in need of a restroom must be accompanied by a parent.
- A plastic chair will be placed in the family bathroom and another in the kitchen for mothers with young children. These will be disinfected by an attendant between uses. Please reserve the use of these rooms for these purposes only.
- In order to comply with contact tracing requirements, once everyone is seated, we will be photographing the room so that we have a record of personal proximity and seating pattern in the event it is required.
- Please keep all coats, sweaters etc. with you, there will be no hangars available for use.
- At the end of the service, you will be asked to exit through the rear doors in the gym, moving directly to the exit so that we can begin to prepare the space for the next service. Reminder, please remember to limit your interactions in the building and in the parking lot. We would encourage you, if you haven’t already, to visit your friends and family, maintaining appropriate social distance at each others’ homes. Porch visits are a wonderful way to help with that sense of isolation.
What to Expect in the Service:
A- There will be music playing as you enter the gym. Feel free to sing along with the recorded music as you feel led. We are asking people who wish to sing along with the prerecorded music to please put a facecovering/mask on while singing, since singing projects respiratory droplets significantly farther than speaking. We are not suggesting face covering during other parts of the service at this time.
Order of Service
A- Call to Worship
B- Congregational Singing – please put a mask on if you are planning to participate in singing, as singing is the one activity that produces widely spread moisture droplets. Mask can be removed when singing is complete.
C- Children’s Time
G- Closing Prayer and Benediction.
We are currently unable to facilitate formal prayer request and praise report time but are working on options for future services.
Much about church has changed- the God we serve is the same yesterday, today, and forever.
A) Prop all doors open
B) Sanitizer at each side of entrances
C) Disinfect handles, railings, contact points
D) Restroom attendants to disinfect faucets, toilet handles, seats between uses
E) Signs to be posted in restrooms about hand washing procedure/best practices
F) Chairs to be disinfected prior to services and between services
G) Air flow to be maximized by trustees
H) All toilets and sinks blocked off except for one in each rest room
I) Drinking fountains covered
Prior to attending: Out of respect to others, please refrain from attending if:
a) Have a fever, difficulty breathing, chills, cough, sore throat, runny nose, abnormal fatigue
b) If you are immunocompromised or dealing with other health conditions
c) Regularly going to a hospital or health care center for treatment
d) If you have been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID 19 in the last 14 days
If you are over 60, please consider the attached link to the document .
If you have other questions about attending, please review the following two links in order to assist you with responsible decision making.
- a link to the entire Ontario Public Health site where the above link is hosted and which provides further information about masks, etc.
- a link to the Region of Waterloo COVID-19 resources
Above all, we encourage you to prioritize being responsible for your own health and being responsible for the health of others.
If your work puts you in high risk of contact, takes you out of the country, or puts you in regular contact with those who are working in high risk areas or who have travelled, we request that you are exceptionally vigilant in following all public health recommendations.